Our homes, on the other hand, are not equipped to deal with high levels of moisture. Humidity can not only wreak havoc on your health and comfort but it can slowly destroy the inside of your home. Luckily, a whole-home dehumidifier will offer a simple and effective solution to humidity woes.
If you frequently notice condensation or fog on your windows and glass doors you may have an excess moisture problem.
Mold and mildew need moist conditions to survive and thrive. If you’ve noticed the presence of mold on your walls, ceilings, baseboards, or in your bathrooms, it’s time for an intervention. Have the mold removed professionally and consider using a dehumidification solution in order to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
Musty smells or odors almost always means that mold or mildew is present, even if you can’t see it. Breathing in mold spores day in and day out is toxic and could result in a severe long-term health issues.
Keep an eye out for water stain marks or rotted wood. While they may seem harmless, if left for too long these spots will become major breeding grounds for all sorts of bacteria as well as termites.
Poor indoor air quality can take a toll on your health and overall quality of life, especially if you have severe allergies, sinuses, asthma or other respiratory issues.
When wood retains too much moisture it begins to rot which can attract unwanted pests such as termites. If you have rotting wood, it’s probably a sign that you have a serious moisture issue.